Education / Vocation Grants for young people in Northampton
The Sir Thomas White Northampton Charity can provide grants of up to £1000 to young people aged 16 and under the age of 25 who are in need of financial assistance to help them with their education or vocational training.
Examples of the sort of things we can help fund are:
musical instruments, books, art materials, sports equipment, tools and specialist equipment.
Please note that if you are a student at Moulton College or Northampton College then Sir Thomas White’s Charity operates a separate scheme. Please see here for details.
To be eligible for consideration for a grant you must:
- be aged over 16 and under 25 years of age;
- have been resident in Northampton for the last 5 years;
- be attending school/in full-time education or doing part-time education or vocational training;
- be able to provide a reference confirming the course you are undertaking that requires support for a grant;
- be able to provide the names and addresses of two people who can confirm your eligibility for a grant.
How it works
- You can complete the application form below and submit it online.
- You can telephone 01604 233233, or fill in the contact form below for application details.
- The Trustees will assess your application and it will be considered by the Sir Thomas White Charity Grants Sub-Committee which meets 4 times a year.
If agreed, the application goes to be approved by the full meeting of the Trustees.
Normally you should hear within 3-4 weeks if your application has been successful.
Please note that in considering applications:
- The Trustees have complete rights to select a candidate for a grant.
- The Trustees will check to see that the student does attend the courses.
- The Trustees will also take into account the overall amount of funds available to the Trustees for grants